Planning and preparing are crucial to a successful High Season Sales. The following Best Florist Practices can help increase productivity and customer satisfaction.
Best Florist Practices
- PURCHASE SMART – When possible, purchase your flowers in the correct stem lengths to maximize profit margins.
- ORDER EARLY – Order product to match the timing of your production schedule and the proper stem counts to match your recipes.
- KEEP HYDRATED – Keep flowers properly hydrated (including floral preservative) to create a better customer experience upon receipt and provide for the proper fullness in each design.
- CARE AND HANDLING – To prevent ethylene buildup, remove any dead or dying petals and leaves and do not submerge foliage below the water line.
- SOAK FLORAL FOAM – Properly soak your floral foam. As a reminder, when soaking your foam, you should gently place it in a large enough water reservoir to allow room for the foam to fill with water at its own pace. The foam should never be forced underwater. This will cause air pockets to become trapped in the foam.
- SCALE FOR SUCCESS – Keep scale and dimensions in mind when building each design. This is key to your customers’ perception and satisfaction.
- USE RIBBON CAREFULLY – Ribbon is an accessory and should only be used when called for in the recipe, and then only in the manner in which it is described.
- PACKAGING – Determine packaging per item prior to big sale’s Day to ensure safe delivery.
- CHECK WATER – Check water daily on all of your premade arrangements prior to delivery.
- DESIGN ONE BY ONE – When a SKU is offered in Standard, Deluxe, Premium and Exquisite sizes, concentrate on one recipe at a time to help ensure proper stem counts in each design.